Welcome to Penwortham Out of School Care!
Encourage children to explore, appreciate and respect their environment
With an Outstanding Ofsted outcome, Penwortham Out of School Care (POSC) is an integral part of the Wraparound Care provided at Penwortham Primary School. We provide a 64-place service before and after school (Breakfast & After School Care) that caters for all children attending Penwortham Primary. POSC is situated on the grounds of Penwortham Primary, offering quality, affordable care, learning and development for children attending nursery to year 6.
Penwortham Out of School Care provides a happy, warm and welcoming atmosphere with an emphasis for your child’s well-being. A child who is happy and secure displays confidence and independence.
Located in the large dining hall of Penwortham Primary, with full use of both the Key Stage 1 & 2 playgrounds and both indoor halls, we provide an excellent learning environment for your child to grow and develop through play.
- A safe and welcoming environment
- Qualified, experienced, committed and enthusiastic staff team
- Exceptional indoor and outdoor activities which supports children' s interests and abilities
- Full Wraparound Care starting from 7:30am - 6:00pm
- A safe place for children
- A secure e and nurturing environment
- Focus on your child' s individual needs
- Quality care development & learning
We strive to produce engaging activities that meet all our children’s needs, offering time for physical exercise and being outside, time to be creative and enjoy arts and crafts, in a peaceful and safe environment and time to be still and calm after a long day of l earning. Most importantly, we want to provide our children with a home away from home where they can have fun.
- Provide a safe, stimulating, caring and learning environment in which child ren from nursery to year 6 can feel happy, safe and secure
- Ensure children receive high quality, challenging learning and development opportunities which build on their interests and abilities
- Ensure all children feel valued, respected and included
- Provide children a variety of indoor and outdoor activities where they are encouraged and supported
- Ensure staff and other adult s provide a good role model in their relationships with others
- Ensure children’s experiences are of the highest quality
- Provide children with opportunities to develop their physical, intellectual, language, creative, emotional and social skill s both indoors and outdoors
- Promote the welfare of children and encourage their independence through the use of appropriate praise and reassurance
- Encourage positive attitudes to self and others, and develop confidence and self -esteem
- Create opportunities for both indoor and outdoor play which, at times, is challenging both physically and mentally
- Encourage children to explore, appreciate and respect their environment
- Provide opportunities to stimulate interest and imagination
- Extend children’ s abilities to communicate ideas and feelings in a variety of ways
- Promote a close relationship with parents, carers and the community
- Recognise every child is an individual with his/her own personalit We encourage each child to develop at their own pace and to explore the delights of being a child, whilst discovering that learning for life is fun and fascinating
- Develop the children’s awareness of diversity in the community and respect for each other’s values and customs
- Be involved with the children’s play, engaging in conversation and interact appropriately, extending their learning and understanding
- Self-evaluate to enhance our performance
We pride ourselves on our staff team and we strongly believe that our team are our most valuable resource. Penwortham Out of School Care has a long standing and highly professional team.
Our team members are carefully selected for their ability to provide warm and consistent care, and for their understanding of the developing physical, emotional and intellectual needs of the children.
All our staff are vetted to meet rigorous requirement s set by Ofsted and ourselves. Prior to starting work, satisfactory references from the most recent former employers and Disclosure and Barring Service checks are obtained for each member of staff we employ. These checks are updated on a regular basis, regardless of length of service or qualifications.
We want the best care for the children which is why attracting and retaining the best staff is paramount. Our staff are crucial in providing memorable experiences and our aim is to offer them the best training opportunities to support our childcare philosophy.
Our team undertake lot s of different training which include:
- First Aid – specialising in paediatric
- Safeguarding – including full team and designated officer training
- Food hygiene
- Special Educational Needs
- Behaviour management
- Child development
- Health & Safety
Meals & Snacks
Meals and Snacks
The curriculum is highly effective in engaging children, who consistently show enjoyment and curiosity. They have lots of fun at the club. For example, children concentrated as they drew detailed patterns on Christmas decorations and coloured a Christmas card nativity scene. Staff encouraged children to explore changing textures as they enthusiastically made dough. Staff successfully promoted children’s creativity, with children eagerly creating models and shapes.’
Join UsBecome a Fledgling
Contact UsPenwortham Road,
SW16 6RJ 07852395347 firstname.lastname@example.org