Welcome to Allfarthing Out of School Care!
Allfarthing Out of School Care (AOSC) is an integral part of the Wraparound Care provided at Allfarthing Primary School. We provide a 48-place service before and after school (Breakfast & After School Care) that caters for all children attending Allfarthing Primary. AOSC is situated on the grounds of Allfarthing Primary, offering quality, affordable care, learning and development for children attending nursery to year 6.
Allfarthing Out of School Care provides a happy, warm and welcoming atmosphere with an emphasis for your child’s well-being. A child who is happy and secure displays confidence and independence.
Located in the bottom hall at Allfarthing Primary, with full use of both the Key Stage 1 & 2 playgrounds and the indoor hall also the science room & library, we provide an excellent learning environment for your child to grow and develop through play.
- A safe and welcoming environment
- Qualified, experienced, committed and enthusiastic staff team
- Exceptional indoor and outdoor activities which supports children' s interests and abilities
- Full Wraparound Care starting from 7:30am - 6:00pm
- A safe place for children
- A secure and nurturing environment
- Focus on your child's individual needs
- Quality care development & learning
We strive to produce engaging activities that meet all our children’s needs, offering time for physical exercise and being outside, time to be creative and enjoy arts and crafts, in a peaceful and safe
environment and time to be still and calm after a long day of l earning. Most importantly, we want to provide our children with a home away from home where they can have fun.
Aims and objectives are to:
- Provide a safe, stimulating, caring and learning environment in which child ren from nursery to year 6 can feel happy, safe and secur
- Ensure children receive high quality, challenging learning and development opportunities which build on the their interests and abilities
- Ensure all children feel valued, respected and included
- Provide children a variety of indoor and outdoor activities where they are encouraged and supported
- Ensure staff and other adult s provide a good role model in their relationships with others
- Ensure children’s experiences are of the highest quality
- Provide children with opportunities to develop their physical, intellectual, language, creative, emotional and social skill s both indoors and outdoors
- Promote the welfare of children and encourage their independence through the use of appropriate praise and reassurance
- Encourage positive attitudes to self and others, and develop confidence and self -esteem
- Create opportunities for both indoor and outdoor play which, at times, is challenging both physically and mentally
- Encourage children to explore, appreciate and respect their environment
- Provide opportunities to stimulate interest and imagination
- Extend children’ s abilities to communicate ideas and feelings in a variety of ways
- Promote a close relationship with parents, carers and the community
- Recognise every child is an individual with his/her own personalit We encourage each child to develop at their own pace and to explore the delights of being a child, whilst discovering that learning for life is fun and fascinating
- Develop the children’s awareness of diversity in the community and respect for each other’s values and customs
We pride ourselves on our staff team and we strongly believe that our team are our most valuable resource. Allfarthing Out of School Care has a long standing and highly professional team.
Our team members are carefully selected for their ability to provide warm and consistent care, and for their understanding of the developing physical, emotional and intellectual needs of the children.
All our staff are vetted to meet rigorous requirement s set by Ofsted and ourselves. Prior to starting work, satisfactory references from the most recent former employers and Disclosure and Barring Service checks are obtained for each member of staff we employ. These checks are updated on a regular basis, regardless of length of service or qualifications.
We want the best care for the children which is why attracting and retaining the best staff is paramount. Our staff are crucial in providing memorable experiences and our aim is to offer them the best training opportunities to support our childcare philosophy.
Our team undertake lot s of different training which include:
- First Aid – specialising in paediatric
- Safeguarding – including full team and designated officer training
- Food hygiene
- Special Educational Needs
- Behaviour management
- Child development
- Health & Safety
Breakfast Club 7:30am to the start of the school day
A perfect way to start the school day, giving your child a healthy and nutritious breakfast as well as the opportunity to prepare their bodies and minds by participating in a wide range of activities. An Active Start boosts concentration levels and raises attainment.
After School Care End of the school day to 6:00pm
Our After-School care is more than just childcare. Children are provided with a wide range of activities designed to stimulate their development, learning and get their recommended 60 minutes of physical activity a day and offers parents who require child care up to 6pm peace of mind that their child will be kept active and engaged by qualified, experienced, friendly and professional staff.
During the session, a healthy and nutritious meal is provided. We cater for specific dietary needs. Meal times are also a social occasion and we work hard to ensure that tea time is a relaxed and friendly part of the session.
Meals & Snacks
Allfarthing Primary School
St.Ann's Cresent, Wandsworth, London